Monday, October 13, 2008

In a muddle over mediums. (media?)

I'm not sure if other artists go through this, but I find that I occasionally battle with myself back and forth over whether it is better to work with the highest quality painting mediums, paints and supports possible, or if I should be creative enough, improvisational enough, free enough (whatever you want to call it) to just pick up any objects or mediums, supports etc., and be able to create something brilliant out of it. Does anyone know what I mean here? Anyone?

Anyway, when I'm not thinking about those issues, I'm just going ahead and painting, these days on printed fabric:

ladies, your prince has arrived
oil on printed fabric
12"x12"
2008, by me, Diane Feissel

2 comments:

Rosa Murillo said...

I think that your paintings in fabric are fantastic. and I too sometimes wonder if only the highest quiality paints will do, but I have found that you sometimes do get what you pay for, specially on the canvas and supports. your work is great!

Aimee said...

I love LovE LOVE this one with the frog!!