Sunday, July 8, 2012

Painting, panting.

Y'all may have noticed that it's been absurdly hot here in the mid-Atlantic region of late (and, what the heck, in most of the country, really)... yet I have been trying like mad to fight all of my worst urges to melt into an overheated puddle of despair, and instead to KEEP. PAINTING. So, here are a few things I've been up to, just bits and pieces - the first is a sketch done at a friend's studio yesterday, the next is a sneak detail of a larger piece (30"x40", I think) that I am finishing up for a show this October - more details soon!

suspense (sketch), 6"x6", oil on panel 

master of your universe (detail), 30"x40", oil on canvas


2 comments:

Daniel said...

That sketch is fantastic, Diane!

Diane Feissel said...

Aw, thanks so much, Daniel!