Friday, September 3, 2010

Sketch Club, part deux.

Last evening I stopped by the opening reception of the Philadelphia Sketch Club's current member show in City Hall. And I had never ever been inside Philadelphia's City Hall before! Ever! What I can tell you is this: it is architecturally very interesting, and as of yesterday evening, it was very WARM. Boy, was it warm. I can also tell you this: it was full of art, at least on the 5th floor, where the Sketch Club exhibition was hung... and this was the best piece there:
Michaela, 22" x 28", Charcoal, 2008, by Rachel Constantine

I've been a fan of Rachel's work since I was introduced to it last year; a fellow artist recommended her work for the blog I contribute to, Women Painting Women. Here's a link to the post, and below is the painting I posted to the site (it was hard to choose, I love so many of her paintings):

The Ceremonial Kimono, 60" x 36", oil on canvas, 2005-2006, by Rachel Constantine

Lucky for me, we will be in the same group show this coming fall, a group show based on the Women Painting Women theme, which will be held at Robert Lange Studios in Charleston, SC. Stay tuned for more info on this exhibition, coming soon...

No comments: